A bloompoppingly good weekend

June 8, 2015 · 8 comments

DSC_0677

The team at Colorific recently sent us a box of bloom pops for the girls to create and explore with.  As the weather is cold, windy and all around unpleasant in these parts at the moment, it was a perfect little afternoon activity for everyone.  (Me included because I got to have fun ordering the kids to hold things the correct way to get the most light on my photos.)

BloomPopTTAM

They came up with some eye-poppingly good designs and clearly enjoyed every minute of the making process.  Of course there was the obligatory sister-fights involved in three girls having to share in the making of five bloom pops  – but hey let’s put that one down to a little learning exercise about the fact that life is not always fair and sometimes that’s okay.  (I have an entire blog post circulating about in my brain about ‘fair’ and our societies expectations of that particular word when it comes to kids – but let’s save that for another day.)

Bloom Pops TTAM 2

As far as a blustery winter’s day activity goes, this was a good one.  It’s indoors for a start, but it also used the kids manual dexterity, creativity and crafting skills.  (And that’s before we even begin to talk about the sharing thing.)   The Glitter Purse Pack we were sent to play with retails for $24.99 and is part of a collection of glitterised bloom pops which is recommended for children from 5-12.   You can check out Colorific for more information  if you want to.

DSC_0679

signature new smaller

1 Bronnie - Maid In Australia June 15, 2015 at 12:33 pm

Craft is so much fun especially on these cold days. I have some goodies in mind for the school holidays – can’t wait to try it out. I never thought of myself as being crafty either but recently rediscovered my inner child. I think not having a cranky teacher telling me I’m doing it all wrong is the key – and kits like this make it so much easier for even craft-challenged people like me to turn out something halfway impressive with the kids.
Bronnie – Maid In Australia recently posted..Wordless Wednesday: The Tuk Tuk EditionMy Profile

2 Caz June 15, 2015 at 3:44 pm

So true Bronnie. I think we all have enough of our own inner critical thinker not to need others doing it too.

3 Carly W June 10, 2015 at 9:25 am

oohhhh my Miss 5 is soon to be Miss 6 and I know she would LOVE this! and I would enjoy it too!
Thanks for the review!
The girls made some truly gorgeous things! WOW!

4 Caz June 10, 2015 at 11:06 am

Thanks Carly 🙂 The big girls have now bloom popped their bedrooms doors!
Caz recently posted..A bloompoppingly good weekendMy Profile

5 Julie Johnson June 9, 2015 at 1:26 am

Oh how lovely Caz! They look gorgeous & I can imagine very fun to make 🙂 Hmmm yes, well I think siblings will argue over just about anything (my boys are shockers), but I guess it’s guaranteed fights when they’re competing for something as special as ‘Bloom Pops’ 🙂
Julie Johnson recently posted..Best (& easiest!) Banana Cake Ever!My Profile

6 Caz June 10, 2015 at 11:08 am

Thanks Julie 🙂 Yes siblings and fighting does seem to go hand in hand. But I guess it’s all about learning life lessons. (Oh and driving your parents insane!)
Caz recently posted..Getting ‘unbusy’ and listening to the still small voice within.My Profile

7 Mandy Morrison June 8, 2015 at 9:04 pm

Wish my kids were small enough to do this stuff still. Way cute Caz. Great photos too.

8 Caz June 10, 2015 at 11:09 am

Thanks Mandy. They grow up way too fast! How do we arrange to stop this happening – hee hee.
Caz recently posted..How to get rid of a cold?My Profile

Comments on this entry are closed.