Getting ‘unbusy’ and listening to the still small voice within.

May 29, 2015 · 9 comments

I tend to find it hard to slow down after a really busy stage in life.     It’s not that I don’t like to relax.  (It’s actually a passion of mine.)  But I  still find the transition from being busy to being ‘unbusy’ a hard one.   I think I feel guilty.  I question my own completeness without the busyness and  automatically start to look for new things to get me busy again.

still small voice

Right now I am obsessing about what to do with the next phase of my life.  So much so I know I am in danger of losing the gift of this peaceful space I find myself in right now.   I can  feel myself stressing about choices and trying to make the ‘right thing’ happen  even though I have no idea what is right for me in this moment of time.  Should I be applying for more jobs?   Should I be looking for more digital communications clients?   Which way should I focus?   What is it I want to do?

if you wait

I am a firm believer that, in life, if you wait and be patient the right answers and opportunities will come to you.  I tend to  “feel”  my way through life and that practice has rarely let me down.   Writing this post is really all about reminding myself of these things.     Knowing that I can’t always be in control, but that if I choose to listen and follow that still small voice deep within, what I need will come to me.   Even if all of the evidence around me (and my own over thinking) seem to suggest differently.  I guess that is what you call faith.

So, today I am choosing to hang up my inner control freak and follow the still small voice urging me to relax and enjoy the peaceful space I am in.   I will be content with what I have and allow my faith to bring me exactly what I need.   Selah!  (Hebrew word meaning pause and think on that.)

signature new smaller

1 Carly W June 10, 2015 at 9:28 am

did it work?

I so need to try this!

2 Julie Johnson June 3, 2015 at 2:24 am

Good on you Caz. I know that feeling of always needing to be ‘doing something’ or working on the ‘next project’ too well. I have done that to myself after each of my babies…when in actual fact, I should just be content to raise those babies and seek enjoyment from that. I think we all put too much pressure on ourselves these days. It’s the fast pace of life and being so ‘in touch’ with everything that goes on in the world…hello social media! Pleased to see you are taking a step back & doing what is right, for you! 🙂
Julie Johnson recently posted..Nana’s GardenMy Profile

3 Caz June 3, 2015 at 1:46 pm

Thanks Julie. I hear your wisdom shining through. I honestly have to keep reminding myself – because it’s so me to just keeping making things happen. RELAX RELAX RELAX
Caz recently posted..Getting ‘unbusy’ and listening to the still small voice within.My Profile

4 Gael - The Vinyl Edition June 2, 2015 at 3:58 pm

I tend to think that most opportunities present themselves when you are not looking for them, or rather, not specifically looking for THAT opportunity in particular. By that I mean many paths lead somewhere completely unexpected, but just by starting out on a path the journey begins (and in your case at the moment that path might just be enjoying the space you are in).
Gael – The Vinyl Edition recently posted..It Started With a School ExcursionMy Profile

5 Caz June 3, 2015 at 1:49 pm

Yes. When I stop, and just be, I know that exact thing. It’s just those other moments when I’m not stopped that give me grief!!!! Thanks Gael – I appreciate your words very much.

6 Dorothy May 29, 2015 at 10:32 am

What a lovely way to look at things. I tend to agree with that, but all too often I get caught up in the “shoulds” and “musts”and “I’ll miss out!”.

I hope that lovely something comes along and is just right.
Dorothy recently posted..How simplifying things helps me live with anxietyMy Profile

7 Caz May 29, 2015 at 10:51 am

Yep – that’s what happens to me too, if I don’t pull myself up. I’m still just like a little kid on the inside 🙂

8 Lizzy (Good Things) May 29, 2015 at 10:23 am

Sounds like a good plan, Caz. I’ve always been ‘too busy, too energetic’ and, while I loved every minute of it then, in my retirement now my health is suffering. I should have listened to that little voice inside that told me not to push through every single day. : )

9 Caz May 29, 2015 at 10:53 am

That’s not good news Lizzy. I hope it’s only a temporary thing for you. Meanwhile you still seem pretty busy with your blog and social media work. But I totally understand what you are saying – it’s very hard work to listen and relax.

Comments on this entry are closed.