Have you noticed it’s almost Toy Sale season again? My girls love reading through the catalogues and circling their favourites in the hope that I’ll notice. My little pink is the worse offender. She will literally spend hours of quiet time adoringly looking at all the things she might like to bring home with her and isn’t always keen to let her sisters share her special reading material.
These days kids really do seem to know what the want. As the girls have gotten older I’ve gotten used being guided by them about what toys suit them best. Pretty typically miss five loves anything Dora and Miss Seven is all about Barbie. This year though my lovely Miss nine has graduated into the family bookworm society and is obsessed with EJ12 and GoGirl Books.
This year you can view the BIG W Giant Toy Spectacular online. (The sale actually start online today at 9pm before hitting the stores in real life on the 27th.) Online shopping is a completely novel experience to the girls and to be honest I think they’d probably prefer to be in the shop seeing it all laid out before them. But for a parent, when it comes to toy sale madness, its ideal. No hassle finding a park, no late night trip out in the cold and no dealing with pushy impatient hordes of bargain hungry peoples. Now that is my type of toy sale!
The BIW W Christmas Layby services will be up and running again this year too. For many of us toy sale season marks the beginning of Christmas shopping and layby is an awesome tool to get a head start on getting it all organised. How smug it must feel to have Christmas all sown up in July and only have to pay it off in layby instalments. (Can you tell I’m never that organised myself?)
And so, with thanks to BIG W, my girls got their first experience with online shopping a few nights ago. They each chose a toy they loved the look of and are now eagerly awaiting the delivery. It was a fun experience and one filled with lots of learning opportunities! I’ll show you what they order when it arrives!
Hands up if you’d like a $100 gift voucher to spend a the BIG W Toy Spectacular? Well you’re in luck because thanks to BIG W I have five to giveaway. (The giveaway will be drawn on the 28th of June so if the winners email me back quickly they’ll have plenty of time to get to the in store sale to spend their winnings.) Simply follow the steps below to enter:
- Hop on over to the BIG W online Toy Sale (either catalogue or the actual sale once it starts) and then come back and tell me in the comments below what someone at your place would choose and why. It could be you, one of the kids or your pet cat!
- If you are nice enough to share this giveaway on facebook or twitter please feel free to leave a second entry comment.
- Follow The Truth About Mummy in any way you like (facebook, twitter, feed, email or Pinterest.)
- Please leave an email address that you check regularly – as giveaways are redrawn if you don’t respond within 5 days.
- BIG W have asked if winners would mind posting a picture of their chosen toy on the BIG Facebook page. This is not a must do – but would be appreciated.
- Giveaway is open until Midnight on June 28th 2013 and has a total value of $500.
- No entries will be accepted after this time.
- All decision are final.
- (Check the T&C tab for full T&C).
- Disclaimer: All opinions are my own. I received a BIG W voucher to spend with my children for completing this post.